Saturday, December 3, 2011

Solve for X

You know what? I'm about tired of these super-Christians telling me to "put the Christ back in Christmas." Enough is enough. I understand you're devout, fine. I get that you believe some magical man fathered himself, and created everything in a matter of 6 days, fine. I want to hit you in the face with a damned brick because respect that for whatever reason, you disregard science, and chose to instead believe that the earth is merely a few thousand years old, fine, but stop trying to shove your religion up my ass down my throat. I'm tired of it. I don't believe in your ghost, and whether you choose to acknowledge and respect, as I do, that there are myriad people out there with just as many belief systems or not is your own business. Have fun with it. As for me, I'm not putting the Christ back in Christmas. I'm not even completely secularizing it and wishing people "happy holidays." No. I'm taking it one step further. Merry X-Mas. Solve for X. If it's Christmas to you, then Merry Christmas. If it's Hanukkah, Merry Hanukkah. If it's Kwanzaa, Merry Kwanzaa. It can all be covered with the most widely recognized variable in the world... X.
These are probably to a great degree the same lot of people that want to put the Sabbath back in Saturday. Knock it off... that's not where the Anglo-Saxon names of the days came from anyway, and any primary school student knows this. I'll thank you very kindly to stop trying to fuck with my verbiage, and go about your business. Wish people anything you want this holiday season, as long as it's positive, good-natured, and sincere, who gives a bald rat's ass how you say it?

~So sayeth the Mofo.

No comments:

Post a Comment