Monday, April 8, 2013

Natural

Ahhhhhh, springtime in Philly.

I love this town.

I really do.

Despite the fact that the warm weather brings with it the clear and present danger of being jostled around at 7:30 in the morning by an incredibly loud, barely post-pubescent, yet ginormous mother with no control over her six even louder hellspawn, I love this town, especially in spring.

Even though I still have to shuffle off to work after having been stuffed in a sardine can that smells like fresh wounds and stale urine for an hour, I love this town.

Today is one of those days where I'm itching to get home before I've even gotten to work. Not because I hate my job or my coworkers (I'm actually uncharacteristically fond of both), but because I work in a warehouse, and outside, it's springtime in Philly... and it's gorgeous.

This city starts waking up in the spring (not that it sleeps in winter, so much as ambles around in a daze). The Italian market bustles with hustlers, and center city stretches, yawns, scratches its ass, and shakes the wintry cobwebs out of its head just in time for the Science Festival. You heard me.

Science festival.

Not a "fair" where they do some wibbly-wobbly, sciency-wiency stuff.

An entire ten-day festival of science of all kinds.

All disciplines, from genetics to robotics, are about to descend on Philly.

I fucking love this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment