Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Creationist Silliness: Part Triskadecasomethingorother.

I don't even know where to start with this fuckwit.

"If Evolution is a theory (like creationism or the Bible) why then is Evolution taught as fact." [sic for all of that].

Seriously...

Do I start with the grotesqueness of your lack of (and / or improper) punctuation?

Do I start with the provable assertion that evolution is, in fact, a motherfucking fact?

How about I go for the obvious...

Neither creationism, nor the Bible, are theories.

There, I said it.

Creationism is a hypothesis, and at that, one that's been all but soundly disproved (it's generally accepted that you can't prove a negative. It's as difficult for me to prove there's no god as it is for you to prove I'm not him; but I digress). Sorry, kids, (actually, I'm not. Not even remotely) but the big bang has been proven. That's right, it's an actual thing. Your move, cultists.

The Bible, by stark comparison, isn't even that. It's not a theory. It's not a hypothesis. It's not even an idea. It's a fucking book, and it's not even a good one. It's been edited, translated, rewritten, condensed, abridged, and so drastically mutilated from its original form that I'm reasonably sure none of the original authors (all humans who lived a century or more after the protagonist's death, by the way) would recognize it in its current form. 

That's why neither creationism, nor the Bible are taught as fact.

They aren't factual.

Next fucking question.


No comments:

Post a Comment