Friday, March 29, 2013

Intolerance

I am intolerant, but at least I admit it.

I'm intolerant of many things. I'm intolerant of bigotry in general. The idea that a fellow citizen is less than another, or less than you, based one something they can't control: skin color, sexual orientation, even didactylism, are genetic differences, and have absolutely no bearing on how many rights those people should be allotted under the Constitution.

Even as a child, I understood this, but I also had the naivete to think we were past the point at which it needed to be said. The fact is, everyone should be granted all the rights given to everyone under the Constitution. So, I'm intolerant of the fact that some people seem to be unable to figure out this very basic logic.

I'm intolerant of willful negligence, and unjustifiable incompetence. This is just a pet peeve of mine, but it's something that seems all too pervasive these days. With the unemployment rate still dreadfully high in most states, I don't care how long you've been doing what you're doing, if you can't figure out the basic functions of your job, get The ever-loving fuck out and give it to someone who can. That goes for you, too, SCOTUS.

I'm intolerant of intolerance. I'm truly fed up with people, even in the 21st century, who say "Oh, of course he went and robbed someone, he's a nigger." People don't commit violent acts against other people because they're black. I will admit that I do see a stark difference between violent crimes that are black on black opposed to those white on white (thank you, mainstream media), but a far more contributing factor is population and SES (socio-economic status). Seriously, folks, it's 2013. Black people aren't being oppressed by their white slavemasters anymore, and crime is an ethnic rainbow. He didn't rob someone because he's a nigger, he did it because he's a thug. Period.

The same can be said of all you kind, caring, churchgoers who insist that my friends and I are all going to burn in an eternal lake of fire for not believin' in Jeebus and bein' fag-lovers. Shut your holier-than-thou ass up. The fact that some of my friends love smoking cock as much as I love smoking cigarettes has nothing to so with your feeble grasp of the English language, or the fact that your magic sky genie doesn't fucking exist!

So yeah... I'm a little intolerant, but at least I'm intolerant of the right things.

No comments:

Post a Comment