Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Big Pile of "What?"

This morning, on the way to the train, I saw a pregnant black woman smoking a cigarette. She had braided blonde and pink extensions in her hair, green contacts, long press-on nails, lip and nose rings, and a shit ton of eye shadow.

Why would I describe this person?

Because she was wearing a tee shirt that said (mind you, this is a direct quote), "ATTENTION: I'M ALLERGIC TO FAKE PEOPLE!"

Let that sink in. Take all the time you need.

It never ceases to amaze me that people can not simply be okay with hypocrisy, or accepting of it, but actually seem to revel in it.

Okay, I'll grant you, she may have been purposefully wearing said shirt for the LOLZ. That's some shit I would do. I didn't have an opportunity to stop and ask her, because I was already running late.

However, I'd like to present exhibit A: the cigarette dancing between her fingers as she stands there, just... gestating away. This is a minor observation, and I'm not going on a finger-wagging quest, but there is a pretty good amount of research into the whole smoking while pregnant thing. Anyone who's read the side of their cigarette pack knows this.

If humor is a sign of intelligence, and literacy is a sign of intelligence, it then follows that the shirt was not an attempt at humor.

It was simply ironic.

And to an over-analytical, socially inept person like myself, funny as hell.

This is just an observation. A musing. If you have other deductions, feel free to share them in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment