Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Meat

Everything you eat is, was, or is derived from living organisms.

Everything.

Yes, even tofu.

I love my vegan friends, but I can do without the preaching. Humans are animals, and we've evolved to the point where we can utilize other animals to sustain ourselves. We're Apex predators.

Sharks don't leave a fish alone because he might have a family, or feelings (though, if you're a Nirvana fan, you know they don't).

An owl doesn't stop eating mice because they're cute.

An Eagle doesn't turn back mid-swoop because the bunny he's after gave him a sad, wobbly-eyed look.

These creatures are all arguably far more majestic than humans.

I can already feel my vegan and vegetarian friends (yes, they are two completely different species) seething.

So, here's the thing:

Give me your gotchas, questions, and rebuttals, and I'll answer them. For one week only, I'm opening the door and letting you guys pelt me with all the foot-stamping outcries of injustice.

So go ahead.

I will answer them.

In my own special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment