Wednesday, April 20, 2016

In Which I Update, and Change the Words a Bit.

Hello readers, my old friends.
I've come to write for you again.
Because a fury softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision
That was planted in my brain
Still remains
With an air of
Defiance

In restless dreams I walked alone.
Wand'ring streets of the unknown.
From the edges of complacence,
I've come back with a vengeance.

'Cause my mind was stabbed
By the flash of a neon light.
I thought I might,
But can't abide
The silence.

And on the internet, I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking.
People seeing without thinking.

People writing posts
That others shouldn't share.
'Cause no one dare
Question their own
Compliance.

"Fools! " said I, "you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
See my words that I might teach you
Read my thoughts that I might reach you."
May my words like thunderous knowledge fall
And destroy
All these walls
Of silence.

I've seen people bent and razed
By these phony gods they've praised.
May this blog flash out its warning,
See the thoughts that it is forming.

And the words say,
"The lies of your prophets
Are written on their Facebook walls
Like bathroom stalls."
And echo
in the mouths
o'th' mindless.

1 comment: