Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baa!

Drone attacks, pope relax. It's just the way the world is. Korean bombs, pageant moms. It's just the way the world is. Doping pros, phantom hoes. It's just the way the world is. Bullet sprayers, useless prayers. It's just the way the world is. Accept it, expect it, neglect it. It's just the way the world is. Or you can learn to reject it, So it's not the way the world is. I don't know if you can tell, but I've never been a poet. It's always been something I admired, but I know too many people far, far better than I am with it to make my silly rhymes worthwhile. I'll stick to limericks every now and again. I do, however, want you to seriously think about the collection of phrases at the start of this piece. When did we become complacent? When did that become okay? We flip on the news and are greeted with images that would be declared unfit for broadcast sixty years ago, and it no longer seems to faze us. Meh, another school shooting... So, a pope's resigning for the first time in six centuries, but he says it's just because he's old... Must be true... The pope wouldn't lie... American citizens are being summarily executed without due process...yawn... North Korea said "come at me, bro" again...whatever... It reminds me of something I heard as a child: Baa, baa, black sheep Have you any wool? Yes, sir, yes, sir Three bags full. And you can't have any! (I'm paraphrasing)

4 comments:

  1. North Korea... phftftft! Do they even lift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like the only one awake. Or maybe that I worry too much. But I don't know why people aren't more concerned with these things? I've seen more outrage over increases in everyone's Comcast bills, but not a single post about drones in the US, or the nuclear bomb that was just set off. I'm scared shitless over what's happening. (Well, not the Pope, I could care less about him.) What do we do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best advice: stay tubed to this blog to see all manner of unadulterated outrage over shit the news doesn't seem to cover (and some it might).

      Delete
  3. This is ENTERTAINING.
    Drone attacks, pope relax,
    Korean bombs, pageant moms,
    Bullet sprayers, useless prayers,
    Accept and expect it!
    We didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning,
    (Jody, won't you take me as I am...)
    We didn't start the fire, no we didn't light it but we tried to fight it.
    (Jody, I'm an ordinary man...)

    ReplyDelete