Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Check

Alright, damn it... enough is enough.
"Like / share this if you think there should be mandatory drug testing as part of welfare's eligibility requirements."

Oh, shut the fuck up already.

I don't think any of you people understand how the welfare program works. It's publicly funded, yes, this I'm sure you know as you consistently bitch about "paying for it." What I think you might want to stop overlooking is that any additional burdens, levies, program adjustments, etc ARE GOING TO BE PASSED ON TO THE FUCKING PUBLIC!

In other words, if you want the welfare program to test people for drug use before accepting anyone, it's going to be a big fucking check. You seem so concerned about your money, which I understand. I, too, work for a living, and would like to know exactly where the cash uncle Sam takes out of my check before I even get it goes. However, I don't want an increase in that amount. I suggest that if you're so gung ho about making sure no welfare recipient smokes the occasional joint, you go into your own pocket and pony up the twenty bucks for the kit. Incidentally, that's twenty times, oh, let's just use the 47 million people on food stamps, shall we?

Do you have an extra $940,000,000 laying around? No? Me neither. I'm trying to make ends meet just like everyone else, and I don't need you shit-stirring, rabble-rousing, knuckle-dragging fuckwits making it any harder.

It's simple mathematics:

Public program + people in need = a need for funding. An increase in the necessary protocols means an increase in the need for funding. Remember: not only will you need the test, you'll need people to administrate, read, and dispose of them.

Like / share this if you understand how the welfare system works, and don't think it's a wise step to burden an already beleaguered program.

2 comments:

  1. And while we're on the subject of cost, let's not forget continuity. People are going to cheat this test, and more money shall have to be spent to thwart the cheaters.
    And when it comes right down to it, these measures should only be considered worthwhile if they save more money than they cost. They won't.

    ReplyDelete