Friday, July 10, 2015

Revival

It has been one year, to the day, since I made the decision to suspend this endeavor in favour of completing The Icarus Project.

It was a difficult decision to make.
It was painstaking.
It was an error.

In the past 525,600 minutes, I've had one hell of a ride. A lot of changes have occurred. Some were necessary, some were not.

Some things haven't changed at all; nor, as I've come to accept, should they...

Some things ought not to have changed.

I've come to realize that this is an integral part of who I am. Without it, a piece of me is flapping in the breeze unsecured, and it fucks me up. It cracks my focus.

So much so, that The Icarus Project remains incomplete. I'm not certain if it will ever be finished, but I can't dwell on that and rush it, or it will be an inauthentic tome of dreck.

And I can't have that.

I need to get a few things back. I need to reclaim a few pieces of myself. I need to dust off some things I'd put on a shelf, and tried to forget about.

Writing is part of who I am.
Sarcasm, misanthropy, and acerbic observations are my stock and trade.

...And I now have a surplus.

I'd like to come back, if you'll have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment